2010 Lexus IS 300 Long Term Review
What you’ll like:
- Decent performance (7.6 Secs to ton) from a 3 Litre V6 engine(228 Bhp and 300 Nm).
- Very good touch screen Infotainment system( 14 speaker Mark Levinson premium ICE ).
- Excellent Reliability and Resale Value.
- Silky smooth silent engine.
- Superbly Engineered car.
- Good looking ( Especially compared to the current 2015-2017 models )
- Decent 6 speed transmission.
- Ventilated front seats.
- Addictive Engine note at high RPM.
- Rear Wheel Drive goodness.
- Good GPS system.
- Decent Xenon’s.
- Very good Built Quality.
- Awesome snob value.
- Very good air conditioning.
- Very good fuel mileage(10.56 km/l).
What you won’t:
- Cramped Interiors ( rear seats ).
- Confusing suspension setup ( not sporty nor very comfortable ).
- Steering not communicative.
- Very expensive service and repair costs.
The Lexus IS 300 often ridiculed as a Glorified Toyota Corolla, but is it really ?
This truly is one good looking car. Has aged really well and looks so much better than the current generation’s over exaggerated front design.
The Xenon’s are adaptive low beam’s while the Halogen’s provide high’s.
Exterior does look good. A very mature and clean design.
Dual Exhausts at the rear with LED tail-lights.
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires. Awesome grip and comfort Tires. Easily the best in the market. Please note that the Tires were upgraded and are not stock. The car comes in default staggered setup.
Also as expected in this class of vehicle, it comes equipped with disc brakes all around.
Adaptive Xenon headlights for the low beam and regular Halogens for the High beam.
Snobbish Lexus grill, note the attention to detail on the background of the logo.
Rear consists of LED tail lights, Dul Exhausts, parking sensors and a rear Camera.
Panel gaps are consistent and perfect through out. Nothing less can be expected of a Lexus !