2010 Porsche Carrera 4S:Long Term Review
A completely stunning car.
What you’ll like:
- Mind blowing performance from a 3.8 Litre Flat 6 engine(385Bhp).
- Very good touch screen Infotainment system.
- Brilliant shifting 7 speed PDK transmission.
- Exotic & Addictive Engine note.
- Superb Chassis.
- Impressive GPS system.
- Very powerful Xenon’s.
- Beautiful rear LED tail lights and front DRL’s.
- Probably equipped with the best brakes in the world.
- Very good Built Quality.
- Best snob value.
- Best of both worlds( sports & Everyday Drivability )
- Drifting hooliganism.
- Very good air conditioning.
- Very good fuel mileage(11.5 km/l).
What you won’t:
- Huge mirrors(Driver side only) compromise outward visibility.
- Horn unusually very hard to press.
- Steering wheel is hydraulic hence a little heavier to turn at low speeds.
- Highly uncomfortable over slightly rough roads.
- Seats not comfortable on very long drives.
- No push button start/remote start.
- Ignition on the wrong side of steering wheel.
The 2010 Porsche Carrera( 911 ) is an icon,however it’s understated looks would fool you quite easily to think otherwise.
Agreed, the front does not look any different from all the other cars in their lineup for the past few years(ok forever) I suppose. But those DRL’s are really beautiful during the day time.
The xenon’s are adaptive i.e they turn with the movement of the steering wheel and are quite powerful.Both low and high beams are pretty good.
I am approximately 400 Meter’s away from a building at pitch black darkness. This is how it is at low beam, see what I mean. and this is how it is at high beam. Literally turns night into day. LED tail lights are very pretty too, they flicker continuously(as in Christmas lights and not the usual constant light) while braking .
The Tires are Michelins and try to do a good job providing decent amount of grip when driven sensibly.Tire noise is minimal too or maybe I wasn’t bothered to pick it up but I did not hear any.