2018 RR 310 Post 1st Service Review
Issue’s faced before Service:
- Chain rattling sound over Road Undulations and Bumps.
- Gearbox clanking sound while shifting first 3 gear’s.
- Slight buzzing vibrations from Tank, Handlebars at certain RPM’s ( Not bothersome ).
- Difficult to slot Neutral while parking, sometimes Neutral comes in the way while up-shifting or downshifting between 1st and 2nd gear’s.
Improvement’s after Service:
- Exhaust / Engine noise has become more Bassy.
- Buzzing Vibration’s have reduced but still there.
Improvement’s Still needed:
- Chain sound still present.
- Gearbox clanking reduced but still present.
- Occasionally Neutral falls instead of 1st gear while downshifting and misses 2nd gear while up shifting, sometimes it’s difficult to slot Neutral while parking.
Other Important Bit’s :
- Lot’s of BMW part’s on the bike. That’s the ignition coil.
- Oil used for service was Motul fully synthetic 15W 50 Oil. Request the technician for this oil or they will put factory recommended Semi-synthetic oil only. The Bike needs 1.6 Liters of oil.
- Oil Filter is available only at the select dealership’s bike is sold at. So you can order it only specially from there. Part # is N7081420.
- Surprisingly Mileage on the bike is around 32 Kmpl even after ripping it ! This is a very good surprise since many owners like me were not expecting anything more than 15-20 Kmpl.
- A brief video review post service can be found on this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MIis2XzipQ